Name: Vanuatu Financial Services Commission
Abbreviation: Vanuatu (VFSC)
According to Article 35 of the Vanuatu Financial Services Commission Act 1993 promulgated by the Vanuatu Parliament, the Vanuatu Financial Services Commission (VFSC) was formally established in December 1993. Previously, VFSC was the official Official Receiver’s Office of the Companies Registry and Ministry of Finance. Since 1971, VFSC has been under the British government; until Vanuatu became independent in July 1980, it was under the Ministry of Finance and Economic Management. VFSC has established four departments, namely the company service department, the law enforcement and bankruptcy department, the regulatory department and the registration department.
Departmental structure: It is divided into enterprise service department, bankruptcy department, law enforcement department and examination and registration department. The four departments report to and be responsible to the chairman and vice chairman.
The Vanuatu Financial Services Commission oversees all financial licenses in the country. The most important features of registering the foreign exchange/binary options regulatory license in this country are: low cost (2000 USD) and fast registration (the license application time is 2-3 months). No physical office location requirements. The application materials are a two-page form. Vanuatu’s tax system is very relaxed, with no income tax, no capital gains tax, and no inheritance tax.
Introduction to Regulators
The offshore regulatory licensing process is fast (usually several months, depending on the regulatory jurisdiction), and the management and operating costs are low. One reason is that most regulatory jurisdictions do not require physical presence in office space, company directors, and shareholders.
VFSC is responsible for supervising financial service providers such as investment business and credit business. VFSC also provides the following services: company registration, charity management, credit union management, trade union management, personal equity securities management. VFSC is committed to promoting the development of Vanuatu’s financial services industry, promoting the infrastructure construction of the financial center, and unswervingly maintaining the reputation and unity of the VFSC financial center. Objective: To maintain VFSC’s status as a financial center with high global regulatory standards through the following measures:
- Reduce the risk of economic losses for investors due to fraud, illegality, dishonesty, and imperfect systems of financial service providers
- Maintain and enhance Vanuatu’s reputation in the financial and business field
- Protect Vanuatu’s greatest economic interests
- Resist financial crimes in Vanuatu and other places In order to further support the goals of VSFC, we comply with the following specific measures: 1. Ensure that the regulated institution meets every clause 2. Ensure that the regulated institution is within the acceptable standards of good regulatory regulations Normal operation 3. Comply with international standards: protect investment companies, trust companies, anti-money laundering activities and resist terrorist fund-raising activities 4. Severely crack down on abuses and violations of regulatory provisions 5. Ensure the efficient operation of VFSC and be responsible to the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Economy.
How to complain
Online consultation: https://www.vfsc.vu/fees-help-support/contact-us/
How to check
- Registrar search link: https://www.vfsc.vu/vanuatu-master/viewInstance/view.html? id=a5c1e83ff0a6678be092e2ef196729dd910e9f0b907e1755&_timestamp=15790487705628522 2.
List of securities dealers: https://www.vfsc.vu/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/List-of-Licensees-under-Dealers-in-Securities-Licensing-Act-CAP-70-18.11.2016 .pdf Note: Generally, the securities dealers whose results are not found in the search column can be found in the list of securities dealers. 3. Supervised
General Directory of Financial Service Companies: http://www.vfsc.vu/directory/ 4. Directory of Trust Service Companies: http://www.vfsc.vu/directory/company-and-trust-service-providers/ 5. Management Company Directory: http://www.vfsc.vu/directory/director-services/ 6. General Company Directory: http://www.vfsc.vu/general-company-service-providers/ 7. Company Directory: http://www.vfsc.vu/directory/limited-company-services-providers/ 8. Directory of special trust service companies: http://www.vfsc.vu/directory/special-trust-services/ 9. Overseas cooperation Co., Ltd.: http://www.vfsc.vu/directory/limited-partnerships/ 10. Credit union: http://www.vfsc.vu/directory/credit-unions/ 11. Trade union organization: http:// www.vfsc.vu/directory/trade-unions/ 12. Incorporated company: http://www.vfsc.vu/directory/incorporated-cell-companies/